Joseph Duncan was finally sentenced to death today. Words fail me, I can't even put my thoughts into words. I doubt there is a sole on earth not familiar with the crimes he's committed. This case has crushed me, consumed me, made me angry and made me cry, given me nightmares and broken my heart. Today was a little piece of justice for Shasta, her family, and for Mark's family. Death can't come soon enough for this evil monster. Evil monster doesn't even begin to describe this man or what he has done.
For those of you who don't know I used to work with Mark Mckenzie and was pregnant with the kids when Dylan and Shasta where kidnapped and their family brutally murdered. I remember laying in bed watching the news break on TV. I couldn't believe it, not Mark it couldn't be Mark. And the kids...they had to be hiding in the woods, they were so smart and knew their way around the woods better than anyone. I tried frantically to get in touch with everyone I knew that knew Mark. Of course no one knew a thing. 7 weeks went by with no answers...only horrific details of what happened in their home. When Shasta was rescued I was in the hospital on bed rest and it was my sister's birthday. A day I'll never forget. I wasn't allowed to watch TV at all as the DR's were worried it would make my blood pressure rise even higher, I was hardly allowed visitors other than Josh. And the thing I wanted most other than my babies to stay put for a few more days was to find out what was happening and where Dylan was.
My heart breaks for Shasta and her family, for Mark's family and those close to him. I just hope today brought them a piece of......what...what word would even fit here?! Happiness, closure, justice....nothing fits. Nothing makes sense. There are no words.
I just have them in my thoughts and my heart.
No comments:
Post a Comment