Thursday, September 4, 2008

Day 1 Stuff

It was a big day all around. Eli and Katelynn were both very excited about going to school and playing with Mrs. Getman. After our photo shoot we loaded up and headed to meet Daddy at school. First we stopped by their classroom to say hi to Mrs. Getman. She was all ready and waiting for us with teddy bear name tags....the kids wanted no part of that. I started to get a little concerned about how it was all going to go. Next we headed to the "big room" sans name tags for the opening song and story. Neither kiddo wanted to take part in the song or sit with their class opting to sit with us instead. The concern was growing....Josh and I exchanged many "oh crap" looks. After the story it was time to line up behind Mrs. Getman and head to class. Katelynn hopped up and headed to the front of the line...she'll need to learn not to cut:) But Eli was glued to the floor. He didn't move. Ut-oh. The rest of the class headed out without him but he decided it would be OK to hold my hand on the way to the classroom. Once we hit the door he was off and hopped into his seat right next to Sissy completely forgetting about Josh and I.

Class was short today, only an hour and a half. When I went back to pick them up they were both huddled around Mrs. Getman with the rest of the class. So cute to see 8 3yr olds paying attention!! Mrs. Getman said they both did great and had a wonderful time. They are very excited to go back on Tuesday. I can't believe they're growing up so fast! Where did my babies go?!



1 comment:

Monique said...

So cute!! I am glad to hear they enjoyed their first day. Yay for the big kids :-)