Wednesday, July 29, 2009

One Final Goodbye

On Tuesday July 21st bright and early we took Dad to the lake he loved most and said our final goodbyes. We took a short little boat ride to his favorite spot on the lake, it was a quiet tear filled ride. My sister had quietly asked for a sign from him. Once we reached his spot we floated for a few minutes, collecting our thoughts and saying that last goodbye. It was so hard but calming at the same time. He is now where he always found peace. Once we turned around heading back for the shore Sonia played a video from her phone giving him one more chance to laugh on the lake. We hadn't made it far when my sister got her sign.....a lone deer swimming in the middle of the lake.

I think Tuesday gave me some much needed comfort and closure but I still have a hole in my heart. I try to tell myself he wouldn't have wanted this any other way.....he died doing what he loved with the person that he loved....but it is still too raw to fully believe those words. I want him back, one last hug or phone call. He was taken too soon, too soon and I miss him so terribly much. 

1 comment:

Monique said...

Sending you some love.