Tuesday, November 10, 2009

A day in the leaves

I was totally a domestic diva today......I cleaned the house (even under couches, windows too), I did laundry (2 loads, unheard of for me), I finally took down the Halloween decorations, and then we spent the afternoon in the yard. The kids played while I raked all the leaves. Well not all of them but I did get the backyard done....picking up the piles is up to Josh (I don't do piles).

The kiddies had a blast. I figured we'd only be out there for 20 minutes before they were over it but they out lasted me! After an hour and a half I was stoked to be done!! They played in the leaves the most.....making leaf angels, having naps, burying themselves, throwing them everywhere while screaming "pepperoni" (why I still don't know), running from pile to pile (destroying my work), Katelynn found a ladybug and carried it around for about 10 minutes before loosing it in the leaves (yes she was devastated), then they played a few rounds of Ring Around the Rosie, they played "music" on the wind chimes for a bit and then headed to the sand area to make "maps". They were very busy.

And of course I had to get the camera to capture it all!!






1 comment:

Mandy said...

oh...i miss all those leaves!! i don't think texas knows what fall is! how are you guys? tell the family hi.