I rarely blog about myself but I do have to brag.....I finished a half marathon (13.1 miles) with 2 friends the day before Thanksgiving!!
It was just the 3 of us, not an organized race. We only had about 10 weeks to "train" (I don't think I can call what we did training but we were still in the gym or on the track 6 days a week). None of us were concerned about what our times would be, we all just wanted the added motivation to get in shape and loose weight.
I think we did a great job, we finished in 3hrs and 15mins. Not bad all things considered!! I have no idea what a good/bad/average time would be but I'm very happy with our time. Shauna's Mom met us at mile five and Josh brought the kids down to surprise us at the finish. Such a nice surprise....it was amazing that once I saw them everything stopped hurting. I think I needed them at mile 11!!
I don't know if I'd do another one but I do know that I can say I finished a half marathon:)
2 comments:
You rock!!! Can you still walk today?? Congrats!
I'm so glad you posted the pics & blogged about this! I'm proud of you guys!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the finish line your kids had :-)
Post a Comment