Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter

The Easter Bunny is one cool dude. He left new shoes, swim suits, jammies, movies, a huge egg hunt (100ish eggs) and matching game (which got NO play) and of course lots of candy! Eli and Katelynn got up at 6 AM (true E&K style, why can't I have those kids who sleep until 8???) and had blown through everything by 6:12!! Ok, it wasn't that fast but it certainly felt like it, I could hardly keep up with the camera, let alone my mind...without coffee!!



After the excitement of the egg hunt (which Katelynn screamed through the house yelling "this is so fun" opening every egg she found while Eli snatched up most of them knowing he'd cash in on prizes later) and the bunny we had a little breakfast and a few games of Hungry Hungry Hippos before getting ready for church. Eli is such a sweet little man.....Katelynn walked into the playroom in her dress and he stopped, looked and said "Katelynn you look beautiful" to which she replied, "thank you Eli". Awww cuties!!



Eli gets all the credit for the pose...I said stand by sissy and he just wrapped his arm around her too. And did so for multiple shots, all too cute!! it was hard to pick just one!!

We had my Mom and Melissa and Ryan plus kiddos up for lunch and I was HORRIBLE and didn't even think to snap one picture!! Ugh, I'm so disappointed. Guess I was too busy chatting. The kids had a blast and I have to say this is the first time they've separated and played boys v girls. Grant brought his trains over to play with Eli so the 2 of them spent the afternoon in E's room while the girls went from this to that to the other thing playing together.

It was a nice day all around, I wish we could have holidays everyday......ok maybe not but it still was a wonderfully relaxing day. The only thing missing.....my brother and Nichole.


1 comment:

Monique said...

They look great in their Easter clothes! So grown up! I cannot stand it.