Thursday, September 16, 2010

Curtis, Katelynn's new BFF

Oh My. This has to be the cutest thing ever, I swear. Absolutely adorable.

On Tuesday when I picked the kids up from school. I asked Katelynn "what did my Star Student do at school today?" I was told "I didn't sit in the rocking chair. I sat with Curtis." Of course that prompted lots of questions, the rocking chair is big news in Kindergarten. What I learned was that "Curtis is my best friend", that they had "played at recess then we got hot so we sat in the shade", while in the shade resting they were busy "talking and telling secrets". A little later during lunch she started making pictures for him and also quietly said "I just love him, Mom". I wasn't sure I heard right so I asked her "what?" and got "oh never mind me Mom". I think she may actually be having her first little crush:) Later in the day we were playing outside when she told me that she "just couldn't wait to go to school" because she wanted to "see Curtis" and of course she's "always thinking of him in my head". Eli asked why she wanted to see him at school and she replied "because he's so handsome". A tad later we were picking clothes for the next day and she wanted to wear her dress because she just knew "Curtis will love it".

Needless to say the last few days have been all Curtis, all the time. She tells everyone she sees about him and that he loves her. She was even blushing a little and smiling from ear to ear when she pointed him out to me yesterday. He seems like a very nice boy and is a cutie. I learned from the teacher today that at the beginning of school Curtis was very tight with Eli and Tyson (Eli's BFF) and that the 3 boys were always together. Now it's Katelynn and Curtis:)

And now I present Katelynn and her "I get to see Curtis" smile:) Seriously.....she said I'll smile like I get to see Curtis!!

No comments: