Since my last update in October we've been busy with many things, unfortunately I've been horrible with the camera so we're missing lots of photos.
So here's what you've missed in a nutshell. I've gotten a full time job, the kids now go to Express after school which they take the bus to. They absolutely love it. They go directly from school and have lunch. Then spend the afternoon playing, learning and of course having snack. Last week they went roller skating as a group and had a wonderful time. We've attended all sorts of birthday parties and have spent many afternoons at playdates. My Mom had another surgery to fix a detached muscle. We are pretty certain it happened while she was still in the hospital after her hip revision last August. Needless to say she was not happy having surgery again and now with all this snow she's not looking forward to finishing her recovery in it. But all in all she's healing well and doing wonderful. Just a few more weeks and she may be able to drive again, assuming her little Jetta will clear the snow. Both kiddos are Letter Experts at school, Eli is the P guy and Katelynn is the Z girl. We had student lead conferences last week and both kiddos are performing in the top of the class. It was fun to watch them show off everything they've learned in Kindergarten. They're great little readers and are (of course) joys to have in class. My little smart cookies! They had a little Thanksgiving play that Josh was able to attend, I unfortunately had to miss....stinky work. And the topper, a few weeks ago while on a playdate (sans Mom, I was taking care of my Mom) both kids got married. Eli and Ava are married still but Katelynn and Caden have divorced. Katelynn was concerned Curtis may be jealous so now they're just friends. I was sad to miss the ceremonies but was glad Jenny was at least there:)
On a sad note we lost Grandpa Bud. It was his time and we all know he's in a better place, a place that includes my Dad. But it was still a hard loss, he was a wonderful man and was loved by all. My heart has been with my Grandma and his children.
To sum up a few months is hard......but here are, at least, the highlights. I'm looking forward to finding the balance now that I'm working. And I can't wait for the holidays to continue. We have some fun things planned so hopefully I'll remember the camera so I can share it all.
Saturday, November 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment