Saturday, November 27, 2010

Basketball

Eli started playing basketball a couple weeks ago and absolutely loves it. I thought soccer was a hoot to watch, turns out basketball is just as great! They had a little 30 minute practice before the first game which included a quick lesson on passing, dribbling, shooting and defense. And then it was game time. Turns out dribbling is optional. During the game you mostly hear "DRIBBLE", "HANDS UP", "TO THE HOOP" and "SHOOT". Cracks me up. I think he's going to be a little baller. He's one of the only kids who actually dribbles, passes and only takes shots that are makable. He hasn't scored yet but has had some really good shots and rebounds. Go Bears!!

Pre-game stretches.

First shot, in practice.

Waiting patiently for a turn at the hoop.

'Finding your guy'. The wear colored wrist bands so they know who they're guarding.

A little hand up defense (he's untucked green hands up kiddo in the middle).

Everything else I have from his games are in video form, I'll try and upload some later.



No comments: