The playroom was closed this week.....I think this was the worst punishment they've ever gotten and the funny thing is they chose it. On Monday they were given an hour to clean the playroom (after a horrible afternoon of bad attitudes and fighting) of course they spent most of the time just playing despite the constant reminders from Mom and Dad to continue cleaning. At about 40mins, you could hardly even tell they'd cleaned anything and I was over the reminding. So I gave them a choice......keep cleaning and get it done or loose the playroom until Sunday. Both hopped at the chance to loose it until Sunday, I pointed out all the things they wouldn't be able to play with and asked if they were sure they were making the right choice. Sure enough they thought they'd made an excellent choice. Up went the gates. It only took about 20mins for them to realize what they'd done and quickly came to tell me they'd made a bad choice. Katelynn was very concerned about her shoes "Mom what about my shoes? Do I have to stay home until Sunday" while Eli had left his favorite sleeping guy in there "oh no Mom Pepper is in there. Oh no."
All week we talked about decisions and choices. Yes it was a long week. I gave them a chance to earn it back on Thursday when we were out running errands. Man they lost that chance in a hurry as well as the TV. So today I gave them another chance and to my surprise they got it. Once we got home and they realized they had to clean it in order to have it back they changed their minds once again and wanted to wait until Sunday. Seriously? After I pointed out they'd have to clean it either way before they could have it back they decided together they'd like it today. So the timer was back on for an hour and I'm happy to say at minute 47 the playroom was clean:)
Now that the playroom is open they're not in my back pocket......hooray for playrooms!!
Friday, June 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment