Poor Dorie just wasn't swimming this morning. She's been having a rough go lately and honestly I thought we were going to loose her a few weeks ago but she rallied. I also thought the kids were going to be upset, I think I was more upset than they were. They handled it really well. Eli said 'well that's sad Mom' and Katelynn said 'can I have a turtle Mom?'. Umm no on the turtle and yes it was a little sad. She'll be missed. I'm sure we'll have an addition or two to share in the next couple weeks but for now it's just Lucky Fish.
(This picture was about from a year ago. She'd gotten much bigger and much prettier)
RIP Dorie
September 5, 2008 - June 23, 2010.
2 comments:
Oh no, you were worried that would happen. :-) Guess the weekend diet did not help huh? Are you fish free now? Madeline had the chance to win one at her YMCA end of year carnvial again but when I picked her up that night and asked, she said she did not even try as she did not want the fish bowl cleaning chore again. Nipped that in the bud.
We still have Eli's fish 'Lucky Fish'. I'll prolly take them to get another one after camping....the bowl looks so empty without Dorie.
Post a Comment